Mooresville, North Carolina

I would like to share my experience with Lennar - I have purchased three new homes before and this was the only terrible experience I had.

I closed on May 23 and moved in on May 24th. I immediately contacted Customer Service due to several issues in the house:

Refrigerator was not hooked up

2. Washer was not hooked up to water

3. Dryer was missing a vent hose and not hooked up

5. Dishwasher was not working

Alarm system kept beeping

7. Light under microwave missing

These are only the items under warranty - I am not even discussing my unhappiness with the converted garage (this used to be a model home) and the sloppy landscaping done over the posts and signs that had been pulled up.

I spent all weekend trying to contact someone. I submitted a form online. I contacted Customer Service.

Finally I submitted a complaint on the BBB site.

Six days later, someone came out to my home. At that point, I had paid a contractor $80 to correct items 1-2. The person who came on the 30th hooked up the dishwasher, correcting item 3. The alarm system was disconnected (which stopped the beeping but rendered it useless).

Nothing was done about other items, although I was reassured someone would contact me.

June 3rd - I had a technician from Whirlpool come out. He informed me that the pump motor was not working. The visit was $98 and the estimate for repair is $479 - I informed Lennar and have no response.

I used to receive emails and phone calls every week before closing. After closing...

dead silence. Terrible experience, moving is already stressful and Lennar makes it a nightmare.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Lennar Pros: Layout.

Lennar Cons: Customer care service, Lack of professionalism, Unethical.

• Lennar complaints