I posted a comment regarding Lennar Homes on Pissed Customer.After the comment was posted Lennar Homes drafted an Agreement with my company to pay their long overdue balance.

In the Agreement was a liquidated damage clause that was a non disparagement clause – so basically the issue with Lennar Homes could not be discussed outside of the Agreement. The liquidated damage clause deducted almost the entire amount Lennar agreed to pay if there was a breach of the clause. I removed the comment from Pissed Customer and had Lennar remove the liquidated damage clause in the Agreement as an added measure. Once the review on Pissed Customer was removed Lennar Homes reneged on the Agreement and now refuses to pay their outstanding balance with my company.

Initially they even agreed to wire transfer the money into an Escrow account and asked for a W9 - which they received - but Lennar dragged out making the payment for a week saying the accounting department was closed (yeah right). Lennar never paid the money they agreed to pay once the review on Pissed Customer was removed. In a nutshell: Lennar used the Pissed Customer review thinking it was a way to get out of paying their outstanding balance with my company – hence the liquidated damage clause. Lennar’s original offer was $33k when the review was posted.

After the review was removed it went to $2,390. That is $30,610 less then what they originally agreed to pay. My company will now have to file for bankruptcy since Lennar Homes now refuses to pay their outstanding balance since the review was removed. And I assure you it matters not to these people.

Do not purchase a home from Lennar. They are crooks! I have seen them do some pretty shady things to their homeowners. I could write a book on how horrible they treat their home buyers.

If your house is falling apart it is because they don’t pay their subcontractors and subs are walking off the job. If that is how they treat the people who build your house think of how they will treat you once the ink is dry on your contract. Run away from this home builder.

They are dishonest at best and care little for you as a home buyer.They don’t even pay their bills!

Review about: Lennar Home Buying.

Reason of review: Refusal to pay outstanding balance with my company .

Had an Experience with Lennar?

Comments

Pike Ntl Forest, Colorado, United States #1336369

After this post Lennar homes said they would pay $6,000 of the $33,000 they had original agreed to pay my company.The $33,000 was a figure that was mutually agreed to after 6 long months of jumping through every hoop Lennar asked me to jump through.

Month after month they came up with every excuse why they wouldn't pay. Each time I had the backup to prove why they should pay - to their dismay. And still here we are with them ripping me off for the remaining balance after they agreed to the final figure. Do you really want to deal with that when buying a house?

I am tired of being bullied by Lennar Homes.

As a consumer you should know you will probably be bullied for every nickel an dime as well. They only care about their bottom line. I should mention I am a woman owned business. If you are a minority in any way - you will not be treated well I can guarantee it.

Let me give you an example of what you are up against; One homeowner's house was shifting the backyard stated flooding 24 hours after signing her paperwork due to drainage issues caused by Lennar's shotty workmanship. Lennar bullied the homeowner, lagging on the repairs, and blaming her for the damage saying since she finished her basement it caused the structural damage. Which is pretty much impossible. She was so harassed by Lennar that she sold her house and moved out of the State.

She was a single mom.

Let's face it when emaile from the staff contains profanity...

You will be met with nothing short of disrespect and from my experience even the President of the company will not get back to you.Best of luck and choose wisely.