1.1K views

I was about to sign a contract with Lennar in purchasing a new home.Then friends told me "no" and should go to talk to her friend who had just bought Lennar home.

Interesting that the two house located on the same street! He just moved in six months ago and his new house has cracked tile floor and garage! He told me poor workmanship, bad warranty, and bad experiences till closing and if he could have return the house he would. "Run away" is what he told me.

The new house has nothing in comparison to his old house and everyone on that street felt the same with Lennar. House delivered with shady work, dirts and paints around. Walk through and closing on the same day, meaning nothing has been fixed. The house just look attractive outside with all the upgraded and everything included program but not its stability and quality.

He has numerous issues with his house and nothing has been fixed till this date. Yet he is the handyman himself so he ended up fixing most on his own! He thought this would be his last home as he is old but it turned out to be so tormented.

My own experience, the sale consultant wants me to put down my earnest right the day I saw the house and sign the electronic contract immediately the next day (even it's on Sunday).

It is kind of a fast sell and I had to go with Lennar preferred lender not any other. If I go with other lender the price of home will increase by 10,000$ This is the first time buying a home with different pricing depending on using UAMC loan or not. I wanted to go to my lawyer before signing the contract but that wouldn't be possible as the sale consultant said either in or out as other people were waiting on the same home!

I decided to listen and appreciate all sharing experiences here.I quit the deal as it seems I would have to be in their own Lennar game without my choice for anything right from the start!

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of lennar home buying from Lennar. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Lennar to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lennar for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Lennar?

Comments

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #1254902

Cracked tile and cracked concrete is the authors idea of poor workmanship? These are 2 of the most common items in every home simply because they can't be prevented. Being ignorant on construction is no reason to bad mouth a builder.

to Anonymous Temple, Texas, United States #1267910

Lennar+UAMC does these same tactics where I am.Scare tactics that is.

"No reason" to spend your hard earned dollars on their incompetent construction either. Remember, it's your money.

Not theirs.Take back control of your life and money and simply RUN!