Newly constructed condo with mold growth from over-sized AC unit, Lennar says they are not responsible. Lennar you sized the unit and placed the AC in our condo.
Update added by user Nov 21, 2013
Since my post Lennar continued to say we were at fault for the mold issue. So we retained a lawyer. Further studies have concluded that Lennar and their contracted AC company violated Florida Building Code when they placed the over sized AC unit in our condo which caused the mold.
Original review posted by user Oct 07, 2013
We purchased a newly constructed Lennar condo in River Strand, Bradenton, Florida in February of this year.We lived there until May 1 when we returned North.
We received a call from our house sitter July 4th week that we had mold. We were shocked as we had followed all directions of leaving on the AC, installed a humidistadt, had a house sitter, and a trusted relative checking our condo. After many tests on our AC unit and expensive remediation and restoration of our condo totaling $30,000 dollars, all Lennar has to say is that our house sitter or us must of done something wrong. Can you believe that, really.
Well, mold developed in several other condos in our building and another building. All of us with different house sitters. We now have another expense of buying a whole condo dehumidifier. It would have been nice if Lennar had put these in the condo units since they had over sized AC units in the condos causing the AC to short cycle causing mold to grow.
Now all of us have the stress, expense and heart ache of seeing our lovely winter home being destroyed by mold. Does anyone else have this problem with Lennar? Beware before buying a Veranda at River Strand in Bradenton.
Beautiful development with serious AC problems in the Verandas.Share with your friends.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "We closed on our Lennar "Comfort Wise" and "Energy Star Certified" home in May of 2006. Lennar should not use these terms when offering their product for sale. ..."
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "My 2013 Explorer tires look like this please explain to me why I need to pay full price let alone anything at all for that matter to replace these tires..."
- "I ordered 7 items from them, 3shirts n 4 different pairs of their lace spliced jeans , and maybe Im just lucky or what, but 2 weeks later recieved 2of..."
- "My yoshi blade handle broke Will you send me a new one please..."
- "I ordered this for a 5 year old child's birthday. The item arrived weeks later - nowhere did it disclose on the site that it was coming from CHINA by..."
- "All seams on the chair the dye is all coming off to an ugly white colored leather underneath. Barely any use to the chair. I contacted Slumberland and they said..."
- "I have made the mistake of purchasing 2 leather sofa's in which the pillows tend to keep propping out and we keep sinking into the back of the sofa and..."