Bradenton, Florida
1.4K views 7 comments
Featured Not resolved

Update by user Nov 21, 2013

Since my post Lennar continued to say we were at fault for the mold issue. So we retained a lawyer. Further studies have concluded that Lennar and their contracted AC company violated Florida Building Code when they placed the over sized AC unit in our condo which caused the mold.

Original review posted by user Oct 07, 2013

We purchased a newly constructed Lennar condo in River Strand, Bradenton, Florida in February of this year.We lived there until May 1 when we returned North.

We received a call from our house sitter July 4th week that we had mold. We were shocked as we had followed all directions of leaving on the AC, installed a humidistadt, had a house sitter, and a trusted relative checking our condo. After many tests on our AC unit and expensive remediation and restoration of our condo totaling $30,000 dollars, all Lennar has to say is that our house sitter or us must of done something wrong. Can you believe that, really.

Well, mold developed in several other condos in our building and another building. All of us with different house sitters. We now have another expense of buying a whole condo dehumidifier. It would have been nice if Lennar had put these in the condo units since they had over sized AC units in the condos causing the AC to short cycle causing mold to grow.

Now all of us have the stress, expense and heart ache of seeing our lovely winter home being destroyed by mold. Does anyone else have this problem with Lennar? Beware before buying a Veranda at River Strand in Bradenton.

Beautiful development with serious AC problems in the Verandas.Share with your friends.

Had an Experience with Lennar?

Comments

The Vinman
Jackson, New Jersey, United States #885653

if your lawer hasn't already advise, you need to retain the service of an industrial hygienist. You health may be at RISK!

San Antonio, Texas, United States #766698

Joe obviously works for Lennar.

looks shoddy

mary

Hi I have a customer who may be interested in purchasing your unit from you.

email or call

me

maryfiorini@michaelsaunders.com

941-526-67755

Joe

why is it there fault? it is obvious you did not have the AC on.

sbdominic
to Joe #734977

Joe, you must work for Lennar. It is hard to hear honest people when you are taught to only think of the bottom line and not do the right thing.

Bob
Crofton, Maryland, United States #726904

I remember working for Lennar and being told by upper management to reject all repairs, even if they were our fault. If we did a repair we would first make the home owner give us high marks on the JD Powers survey.