1K views

We bought a Lennar home in 1986 pre-construction. We were thrilled with the floor plan and the price was right. I should have smelled a rat on the day of moving in. We had the walk-through in section and signed off on it.

When we were moving in, I noticed what appears to be a discolored line on the laminate cabinet in the 1/2 bathroom. When I was cleaning, I discovered that they had cut the laminate and someone used calking to fill in the gap so that it was not detectible. I called customer service, and was flatly told that I should have reported it on the inspection and they would do NOTHING about it.

After Hurricane Andrew, we found DOZENS of code violations that had somehow passed inspection. Roof joists that were 25-27" OC when code was 24". Missing rows of nails to the roof decking. We also discovered that hurricane straps were imbedded into the concrete between floors, but it was never secured and the only thing holding the second floor in place was the very weight of the walls and ceiling!

We also discovered (after moving in) that windows were jammed and bowed into place because the openings were not square or too small for the windows.

Several construction and repair people told us that they would NEVER buy a Lennar home because of shoddy workmanship.

I discourage anyone from buying a Lennar home because they do not back their products and they use non-union labor and poor construction.

It's a shame, because every home we looked at from Lennar had outstanding floor plans - the architects and designers do a wonderful job - too bad the rest of the process is not followed through!

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Lennar. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lennar.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Home Construction and Repair category for more informed decision or compare Lennar to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Lennar?

Comments