Maylene, Alabama

The wife and I looked for our dream retirement home for 8 years. We finally found what we believed would be a great quiet place to retire. We purchased a Perry home in the Bridgeland subdivision and all went well. Then it happened. Village/Lennar built a two story home next to us and put two huge air conditioners 6 feet away from our breakfast window. The noise is unbelievable. The windows vibrate and it carries from the breakfast area to the kitchen and in to the living area. The home has tile floors and 12' ceilings so everything has an echo. We contacted Village/Lennar and had a rep come out. Their reply was pretty much tough luck. It is our property and we can build and do anything we want on it. They didn't even offer to build a noise retaining wall or plants. Nothing. Buyer Beware. You might have the perfect home but the devil is going to move in next to you and destroy the tranquil world you are trying to build.

The stress caused is unbelievable. This wasn't a cheap home and is built in a planned community but there is no one to help.

Comments

They told me the same thing!!! Not pur problem!

Lennar informed me when we purchased our home that we wouldn't hear the road traffic noise inside our home. Our house was half finished as it had fallen through escrow 2 times before. 2 salespersons said when it was complete the inside would be quiet. well they lied.

Typical of my experience with them. They will say anything to sell and ZERO customer service after the fact. I was told to "contact the city" because Lennar can't do anything about road noise. What about the fact that your sales people LIE?

Can you do nothing about that?

As inferred early my lot backs to a main road that leads to their sales office. I'm tempted to put up a sign or something

BigBrother4Defects

I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS.

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org