Aside from many, many poor quality workmanship items (far too many to go into), they have their infamous quote "Everythings Included." Right.Read the fine print.
They have you sign off a single document wherein they "reserve the right to change anything without notice." So what wasn't included? I looked at the model, and they used the model's photo to advertise MY address. In that, there were window overhangs around the entire house. They are these tubular, "modern" steel overhangs that are painted pale blue.
They give the house a certain look - see the photos - one is of my house (no rails on the entire side, and another home with the rail - although their rail looks broken from the photo which would not surprise me). Well, on one side, they completely left them off. They are on the model, and they are in the photo used for my address. When I discovered this (it was through two golfballs coming through the applicable upstairs windows), I contacted them immediately.
At first, they seemed very concerned. But when it came to actually doing sonething about it - forget it. They simply pointed to this single paragraph on one of several hundred pages, wherein they claim they can change anything without notice. I remember reading it, and asking at the time, and it was explained that they had the right to change something (say perhaps a microwave model was no longer made, then they could substitute it).
That made sense. I was never told it could mean they could decide just not to put something on the house that all the other houses had. The real reason? Most likely it has to do with the subcontractor going out of business, and they just didn't want to find another sub to finish the job.
It was a WHOLE lot easier to just refer to the page in the packet of hundreds of pages of escrow instructions. Oh.... I'm not giving up.
Every state has a licensing board - I've filed with ours (California).I urge everyone else to do the same.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Terrible workmanship
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "Too much to say but the short of it is they talk of core principles yet don't seem to do anything to improve upon them or customer satisfaction. I'm amazed..."
- "Eighty-nine homeowners from Bakersfield, CA filed a lawsuit against LENNAR Homes for construction defects. Milstein, Adelman, and Kreger, the firm representing the homeowners, released a statement saying: "These..."
- "I recently signed up with contractors 411, despite the negative reviews we uncovered, we were convinced otherwise. I contacted the main supervisor and asked if their was any way for..."
- "Bought a consigned Roche Bobois sofa at The Estate Sale Consignment store in Palm Springs this past season (winter 2014). It was a beautiful small sofa that appeared to be..."
- "There's a new Petition to the Federal Trade Commission on eBay's secret policies and illegal business practices in violation of their own User Agreement and Fair Trade Laws. The petition..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."