1.6K views
100% full Not resolved

Aside from many, many poor quality workmanship items (far too many to go into), they have their infamous quote "Everythings Included." Right.Read the fine print.

They have you sign off a single document wherein they "reserve the right to change anything without notice." So what wasn't included? I looked at the model, and they used the model's photo to advertise MY address. In that, there were window overhangs around the entire house. They are these tubular, "modern" steel overhangs that are painted pale blue.

They give the house a certain look - see the photos - one is of my house (no rails on the entire side, and another home with the rail - although their rail looks broken from the photo which would not surprise me). Well, on one side, they completely left them off. They are on the model, and they are in the photo used for my address. When I discovered this (it was through two golfballs coming through the applicable upstairs windows), I contacted them immediately.

At first, they seemed very concerned. But when it came to actually doing sonething about it - forget it. They simply pointed to this single paragraph on one of several hundred pages, wherein they claim they can change anything without notice. I remember reading it, and asking at the time, and it was explained that they had the right to change something (say perhaps a microwave model was no longer made, then they could substitute it).

That made sense. I was never told it could mean they could decide just not to put something on the house that all the other houses had. The real reason? Most likely it has to do with the subcontractor going out of business, and they just didn't want to find another sub to finish the job.

It was a WHOLE lot easier to just refer to the page in the packet of hundreds of pages of escrow instructions. Oh.... I'm not giving up.

Every state has a licensing board - I've filed with ours (California).I urge everyone else to do the same.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of home and associated monetary loss in the amount of $12500. Lennar needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned home in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lennar.

Had an Experience with Lennar?

Comments