Home buyers, investors and real estate agents be careful the dirty tactic used by Lennar's sale's manager!

"first, they will make the deal looks wonderful ( low prices, seller provide loans, high commissions), in order to trap you to make the deposit, then they will require as many documents as possible to disqualify your loan application, after you miss the closing date, they will refuse to return your deposit even the sale did not go through".

Last year I try to buy a home in Las Vegas from Lennar. I paid my deposit quickly, and then sent in all required documents. But they said I was 2 days late, and denied my loan (even I was qualified). The sale was canceled. Until now they still hold my deposit, refuse to return it to me. I know they are hungry for money, but this tactic is too low. When I called a lawyer who handles this kind of case in Las Vegas, he said that I was not the only person to complain similar case. Lawyers from Las Vegas plan to pull together to file a class action lawsuits against Lennar.

Had an Experience with Lennar?

Comments

I have the same problem.Lennar kept $5,000.00f my monmey after drawing the proces out for over 5 months.

One day before

I was to sign (a notary was scheduled to be at my house at 2 pm but Lennar called the deal off at 11:00 am) Lennar refused to fund my loan. They sold the house the same month that they stopped my loan, charged me $5k then sold the same house for $11,000.00 more than what I was buing it for!!!

When you write to complain, they refuse to acknowledge your requests for information.Maybe Californai Attorney General will look into this.

BigBrother4Defects
#472001

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

:cry

With all the bad, very bad reviews ref Lennar, I would be crazy to buy a home there although I did like the models.

I understand what you are going through. I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

Beware

They will try to *** up and if you call a lawyer to defend you he won't be able how to defend you easily.Lennar feed all the good lawyer out there as well as the good engineering firm.

You did the right thing by exposing them in the media.Good luck wasting 20k on a lawyer just to see if you can collect your money.Hurt their sale so they learn how to be practical.

You were 2 days late! You didnt stick to your end of the deal hence they keep your deposit. You should have notified then that your mortgage was not finalized and they would have either given back your deposit or given you an extension.