Bought one of the Lennar model homes in Centre Pointe Concord California in 2010. Months later after the one year warranty expired, I submitted a claim to Lennar to access a crack that literally goes right down the middle of the home starting for the back on the home (the garage) through the main floor out the front door.

Lennar blamed the landscaping we did on the 8'x40' side yard. If hardscaping an outside small side yard creates a fault line through the interior of an entire home, then to me the construction of the home is sub par, and arguably defective. Lennar only visited the defect once on-site and only made a visual assessment. No licensed certified structural engineer came on site.

Lennar allowed a Customer Service Representative do the entire assessment.

I am now in the process of hiring my own structural engineer who has expertise in post tension slabs to perform the full investigation that Lennar should have done in the first place. In my opinion, and based on my experience, Lennar acted like the Insurance Claims Agent whose objective is to try as hard as one can to deny a claim.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Fix the construction defect and reimburse for any restoration repairs..

I didn't like: Construction quality.

• Lennar Construction Defect
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 09, 2015.

Comments