Westminster, Colorado

I am 8 years in a Genesee/Lennar home.

First the plumbing lines were not angled right so the draining was bad. Had to get an independent plumber to tell Lennar what the problem was. Then noticed that the interior paint was sticky. I was told that would not be a problem, I had to let the paint dry. Yeah right...

And now, 8 years later, I am in the midst of getting a deck majorly repaired because of water damage. Yes, water damage in North Denver, Colorado.

I've been continually frustrated with the "cheap" material including the paint that was used by Genesee/Lennar Homes. But what is most scary, is to use below spec/below grade material on a deck that is now literally unsafe to walk on.

I don't know if there is recourse in regards to this but I am going to do some research to find out.

If you build or purchase a Lennar (or previous built by Genesee) home, please make sure you grab a very very good inspector before purchase or closing on a newly built home. This will save you a lot of grief.

Review about: Home.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Lennar?

Comments

Bill Kearney

I understand what you are going through. I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

345
#311970

If you really want to spread the word you should consider gathering up some other dissatisfied Lennar home buyers and rallying outside of one of their model homes. That will inform other interested home buyers and hurt their bottom line. Then they will pay attention to you.

456
#311963

If you really want to spread the word you should consider gathering up some other dissatisfied Lennar home buyers and rallying outside of one of their trade shows. That will inform other interested home buyers and hurt their bottom line. Then they will pay attention to you.

nikalseyn

Frustrating, I know.The problem is not just the cheap materials builders use in order to save a buck, but the really shoddy and sub-par work done.

Most builders either don't care to do a good job or hire dopes who have a hard time determining if they are on foot or still riding a horse.

The last house I had build I made sure to either be there alot and inspect everything every day and get them corrected or make sure someone I trusted was there to do the same if I were to be away.

The second problem nowadays is the good possibility that the local inspectors are either on the take or inept or just don't want to make waves.

If they are not on the take, the odds their bosses are and they either "go along to get along" or they are out of a cushy job.Either way, the fool taxpayer gets hosed.