East Liverpool,Ohio

I am writing this to express my feelings to you about what has happened since my decision to purchase a Villa at Gran Paradiso a Lennar property in Venice, Florida.

First of all I am not blaming anyone for what has happened. But rather I blame myself for not being smart enough to be aware of what I was getting myself into.

I was ask to click on a mouse to put my initials on all those disclosure statements that were shown to me on a computer screen. I should have read each one them.

But, has there ever been anyone who has taken the time to read through all 65 pages? Pages that were written in a language that only an attorney could understand.

If I had been smarter I would never have initialed or signed anything unless I had an attorney read it over first. I guess my problem is… I'm just too trusting.

After I left their office I was absolutely thrilled and excited that I had made the decision to purchase this beautiful villa and was so looking forward to moving to Florida to spend the remaining years of my life living at Gran Paradiso near Venice, Florida. I couldn't have been happier. I couldn't wait to tell my family and all of my friends about this wonderful thing that was happening to me.

Since that time this decision has become a night mare. The stress and anxiety this has caused me has been unimaginable. I certainly never knew that somewhere in all those 65 documents it stated the closing date of the sale would not be contingent upon selling my house in Ohio. That I would have no say what so ever on what the closing date would be. I certainly didn't know that it would take over two months to sell my house. Or that there would be a even the slightest chance of my losing my $15,000 deposit.

I have tried everything I know to honor the closing date of April 30th, and there is nothing left to do. They did offer to hold my deposit and wait until next year when another place would be built. However, that could cost me thousands of dollars in rent to have somewhere to live until then. No matter what I have tried it was going cost me even more to make this move happen.

As I said…. I think I was just not smart enough and much too naive to realize what I was getting myself into.

What started a new and wonderful experience has turned out to be a big mistake. And I have certainly made my share of mistakes during my 77 years.

I will just have to add this one to that list.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lennar Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments