Las Vegas, Nevada
2.6K views
2.2
Turnaround Time

Beware of Quality of work - We purchased in this community for location along with it being a gated community and moved into the area from out of state. We purchased a home which was almost complete and added our flooring and counter top selections and closed remotely while moving. When we arrived we obtained our keys and this is where the issues began with the workmanship – initial issues with:

• Garbage Disposal not being hooked up – electrical install backwards

• Dish washer – leak in plumbing under sink (Raptor Plumbing)

• Ice Maker – installed improperly – causing water leak in kitchen (Lennar took ownership)

• Front lights not working – wired improperly

• AC heating Unit wired wrong in the attic causing damper to not work causing issues with heating the wrong areas up based on thermostats

• Lights on back patio – not installed

• Cable TV and Internet wiring not labeled and jumpers within the house – causing Internet and TV installation to make multiple trips before this could be setup

• Contractors leaving trash and nails all over the roads in the neighborhood – Forman and Regional office notified 5+ times and continues making it like living in a trash dump

• Neighborhood lights not working including gate and park area – Fixed after 2 months in the neighborhood

• Water Softener Drainage – setup improperly – causing a 1700-gallon water leak (Lennar took no ownership of their plumbing contractor)

o Raptor Plumbing was contracted by Lennar for new home builds and after 5 months in the home we had a major flood in the home. The house was plumbed for a water softener and the inside plumbing wasn't properly secured and caused the house to flood with 1700 gallons of water. My issue was Raptor plumbing’s owner came to my home and denied any of it as their fault on the installation of the drainage loop, despite it being different from the initial model installation and many of the other homes in the same neighborhood. He quickly blamed the softener install (who did not put the plumbing in). Many other new builds currently under construction are being secured with copper to avoid such an occurrence. The owner of Raptor kept going on and saying copper is being phased out, yet in all of the other homes in our neighborhood was installed. Needless to say I had to get my insurance involved since Raptor and Lennar played the blame game and officially refused any liability. The flood shouldn't have happened if the box in laundry room was properly finished off holding the line in place so the water would drain properly during regeneration.

I had purchased a Lennar home based on quality of work from past experience of Lennar in Texas and am regretting this so far after 6 months in my home.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lennar House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I would like them to take ownership of their plumbing contractor which caused a leak in my home.

Lennar Pros: Sales representative we dealt with.

Lennar Cons: Bad finishes, Workmanship, Construction quality, Unfair practices, Ownership of their subcontractors.

• Lennar home house
  • Northcreek

Comments

That's sucks. My house was great. My reps were nice and trades rocked.

Sorry you went through this Brian and Michelle.

So sorry you went through this. Heart breaking.

Buying a new home should be so exciting.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll stay away...